"If you believe the chatter of opera watchers—especially the popular blog Parterre Box, which on Jan. 30 predicted that Mr. Levine's retirement was in the offing—change is coming soon. But the Met's general manager, Peter Gelb, said that Wednesday's announcement [of the 2011-12 Met season] will not include changes to Mr. Levine's role, and that there is no timeline for turnover. "As I have said previously, as long as Maestro Levine wishes to be the music director of the Met, he will be," he said." - Pia Catton, Wall Street Journal
Sooooo...........expect an announcement Thursday then?
(The photo pictures child prodigy conductor Max Darewski.)