In response to a reader request, here are Odeon Cinemas' operatic offferings for the next couple of months.
Anything not marked LIVE probably isn't, though it's hard to tell from the scanty information available on the Odeon website, where you can however find details of locations and precise times.
- 5/03/11, 8/03/11, 21/03/11, 27/03/11 Carmen In 3D from the Royal Opera House. ‘Contains mild violence’ they warn. For vegetarians, also contains chickens.
- 8/03/11 La bohème LIVE from Teatro La Fenice.
- 24/03/11 The Magic Flute from La Scala. Roland Böer conduct, William Kentridge directs.
- 28/03/11 Die Walküre from the Bayreuth Festival. Tankred Dorst’s production is conducted by Christian Thielemann.
- 5/04/11 Anna Bolena LIVE from the Vienna State Opera with Anna Netrebko.
- 17/04/11, 18/04/11 Messiah from Kings College, Cambridge. The Academy of Ancient Music are conducted by Stephen Cleobury. ‘Contains no material likely to offend or harm’ say Odeon Cinemas. Well that’s a relief.
- 9/05/11, 17/05/11, 8/04/11, 17/04/11 Fairy Queen from Glyndebourne. William Christie conducts the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment.
- 19/04/11 Cavalleria rusticana and Pagliacci from the Liceu.
- 26/04/11 Il barbiere di Siviglia LIVE from Teatro Regio Di Parma.