Details of this year's Proms are now available online. Here are the some of the highlights:
- 16 July - Rossini's Guillaume Tell in concert - Pappano conducts the Accademia di Santa Cecilia
- 17 July - Havergal Brian's 1,000-strong 'Gothic' Symphony
- 18 July - Martha Argerich in Beethoven's Triple Concerto
- 24 July - Verdi's Requiem - Semyon Bychkov conducts the BBCSO, with Marina Poplavskaya, Sonia Ganassi, Joseph Calleja and Ferruccio Furlanetto
- 10 August - Steve Reich plays Steve Reich
- 25 August - Glyndebourne's new Rinaldo, semi-staged
- 4 September - Sir Colin conducts the LSO in Beethoven's Missa Solemnis
- 9 September - Le Freischütz - the Weber opera in Berlioz's French version from JEG et son orchestre
Further visitors include the Pittsburgh, Philadelphia and Budapest Festival Orchestras.
For the second year in a row, tickets will be sold online via the 'mad dash' system which left many disappointed last time round. Set your panic button for 9am on Saturday 7 May.
Prices, you will not be surprised to hear, seem to have gone up slightly, though it's hard to tell with so many price bands involved. Season ticket holders should note that this year a pass only guarantees entry up to 20 minutes before the concert starts.