No-one who has been following Martha Argerich's recent career will be surprised to hear that she has pulled out of the Proms for health reasons. Details, along with a few other Proms personnel switches, are listed below.
The Proms website has allegedly been updated for these, together with some timing changes.
- Prom 5 (Monday 18 July) - For health reasons Martha Argerich has had to reduce her playing commitments in the coming months and deeply regrets having to cancel her planned Proms appearance in July. Myung-Whun Chung replaces her, making his Proms performing debut as a pianist.
- Prom 13 (Sunday 24 July) - Sonia Ganassi is no longer available to take part in the Verdi Requiem. She is replaced by mezzo soprano Mariana Pentcheva.
- Prom 15 (Tuesday 26 July) - Christopher Ventris is no longer available to take part in this concert. He is replaced by tenor Marco Jentzsch.
- Prom 41 (Sunday 14 August) - Christopher Maltman is no longer available to take part in this concert. He is replaced by Leigh Melrose.
- Prom 55 (Thursday 25 August) - Owing to a knee injury, Sandrine Piau is unable to take the role of Almirena in Glyndebourne’s new production of Rinaldo. The role will be performed by Anett Fritsch.