You may recall a rumour aired here back in February that Jonas Kaufmann would return to the Wigmore Hall on 21 April 2013.
Well, the date is confirmed - but the show has been upsized to the Royal Festival Hall, where Jonas's playmates are the Philharmonia Orchestra.
Fighting for the hearts and wallets of the London audience will be Juan Diego Flórez and Joyce DiDonato, who are at the Barbican on the same night.
This is where a free market economy gets you.
The Kaufmann date isn't on the Southbank website yet, but you can see it in a brochure called Classical Music 2012/13 which you can pick up for free from the Royal Festival Hall.
The Kaufmann concert is expected to go on sale on 17 September 2012, but see below. Also included in the brochure are some other dates which may be of interest:
- 25 September 2012 - Delius' A Village Romeo and Juliet with the New London Orchestra, Christopher Maltman and Andrew Shore
- 25 November - Massenet's Don Quichotte with the Chelsea Opera Group and Robert Lloyd
- 11 January 2013 - Joseph Calleja with the Philharmonia
- 14 March - Mahler 6 with Jaap van Zweden and the Dallas Symphony Orchestra
- 17 March - Wagner's Die Feen with the Chelsea Opera Group
- 30 April - Berlioz's Damnation de Faust with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, Charles Dutoit, Ruxandra Donose, Paul Groves and Sir Willard White
- 2 June - Verdi's Alzira with the Chelsea Opera Group
- 11 June - Bryn Terfel and the Philharmonia
***UPDATE*** the box office says some of these concerts will go on sale on 30 April (or 25 April for members) - it's not clear exactly which ones.